Terms & Conditions
- If you do not accept the terms and conditions as set out below, you are welcome to cancel your booking at no cost within 24 hours of receiving this confirmation. (This reservation is deemed to be received within one hour of sending email)
- For any reservation for less than 3 months in duration, 14 days’ notice is required to either cancel the booking or to vacate before the nominated departure date. Failure to do so will incur the nightly charge for up to the 14 day period.
- For any reservation for more than 3 months in duration, 28 days’ notice is required to either cancel the booking or to vacate before the nominated departure date. Failure to do so will incur the nightly charge for up to the 28 day period.
- For any reservation for less than 14 days duration, 7 days’ notice is required to either cancel or vacate before the nominated departure date. Failure to do so will incur the full nightly charge for the stay.
- If you have booked within the 7 day notice period, the above policy still applies
Terms & Conditions
- ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
- CHECK IN
- CHECK OUT
- RATE AND NUMBER OF GUESTS
- SECURITY BOND
- PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
- GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES
- FACILITIES INDUCTION
- PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property. “Property” means Southbank Apartments and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment. “Management” means the owners and managers of the Property. “Guests” means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking. “Visitor” means any person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking period.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
Payment for the booking constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Person completing the Guest Registration Form on check-in is financially liable for all damages and additional cleaning charges from guests in room and visitors to building as per Clause 13 below.
3. CHECK IN
Our apartments are located in residential buildings with no onsite reception, consequently all guests are personally greeted in the foyer at the time of check-in.
Check-in time is anytime from 2pm on arrival date. Check-in outside of business hours will incur a check in fee of $50. This is not negotiable as it is paid to a third party.
You must notify Management of expected arrival time at least 72 hours before arrival date.
A government-issued photo ID and valid credit card must be presented upon arrival in the name of the person checking in.
Bookings will not be accepted from persons under 21 years of age.
3.1. Early arrival requests
Early arrival is subject to prior arrangement and availability. Extra charges may apply.
3.2. Delays to arrival time
In the event of a delay to your expected arrival time, you will need to make contact with Southbank Apartments to reschedule the arrival time. We schedule staff to check you in, so please respect our time and inform us in a timely manner if you are not going to be arriving at the scheduled time.
4. CHECK OUT
Check out time is strictly by 10am on departure date. This is essential so that our staff have time to clean the apartment prior to the next arrival.
4.1. Late departure requests
Subject to prior arrangement and availability. Extra charges may apply
5. RATE AND NUMBER OF GUESTS
Rate is stated in AUD $ and number of guests is restricted to sleeping capacity of the each apartment.
Bookings made via online third party sites are not confirmed until full payment for the booking has been received.
Confirmation can be an EFT confirmation email or copy of other electronic receipt from payment merchant or bank.
Bank details will be provided on request.
Personal cheques are not accepted.
Payment in full must be received no later than 7 days prior to your arrival.
Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian AUD $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you
We accept payment by the following methods: MasterCard, Visa, Direct Deposit, American Express
If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately at email@example.com or call 61 +3+ 9686 7711 within 24 hours of making the booking.
- Southbank Apartments reserves the right to cancel unpaid bookings and advertise the dates as vacant if no alternative payment arrangements have been organised.
- Normal cancellation provisions would apply to any amounts already paid
A variation of the booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the booking in respect of those nights and higher rate may apply, regardless of quoted rate at time of booking.
No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
We suggest guests consider travel insurance to avoid any unforeseen circumstances for your stay.
8. SECURITY BOND
Southbank Apartments reserves the right to charge a $500 bond prior to the commencement of your stay or at any time during your stay.
Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Southbank Apartments as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions may be charged against the bond and/or the credit card on file.
Examples of this include but are not limited to:
- Breakage (fixtures, electronics, appliances, glassware, et al.)
- Apartment damage, Decor or Linen damage
- Failure to leave Property neat & tidy as given and free of rubbish
- Rearrangement of furniture or decor – need to be returned to it’s original position
- Extra guests beyond those declared
- Cigarette and cigar use in Property
- Presence of animal on Property
- Missing remote controls from the apartment TV, Air-conditioner, electric blind or loss of apartment key, security fob, and/or car-park fob will incur replacement costs due to the high cost of these items. (All keys need to be replaced, fobs reprogrammed which can cause inconvenience to incoming guests).
Apartments are inspected for remotes, keys fobs etc. on arrival and on checkout. Please advise if any items missing before checkout this will minimise the costs of replacement and inconvenience to incoming guests
If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy without liability.
10. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Behaviour in the building that causes building management to issue a breach notice relating to Owners Corporation Rules, i.e unruly behaviour in public, excessive noise, throwing items or cigarettes buts over the balcony, legislation changes from 1st February 2019 include fines of up to $2000 for noisy or disruptive behaviour affecting other occupants. Any fines would be passed to individuals responsible for causing the fine.
- Guests remain responsible for persons attending the apartment during the stay, including:
- No disturbance of neighbours
- No undue noise when entering and leaving the premises
- No behaviour likely to cause damage to property
- All noise to cease by 10 pm
- No consumption of alcohol is permitted in common areas such as lifts, corridors, foyers or carpark.
Any breach of this condition may result in access blocked to building facilities, immediate termination and eviction without refund, including loss of security bond and extra damage and/or cleaning charges beyond security bond amount.
Pets, animals or reptiles are NOT allowed at the Property at any time under any circumstances. This does not apply to service dogs.
12. SMOKING or VAPING [e-Cigarettes]
Smoking, Vaping or use of e-cigarettes is NOT permitted in apartments, hallways, stairwells or any public areas of the building.
13. GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES
13.1. Before departure
- Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Please Note: Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for any excessive cleaning required as deemed by Southbank Apartments.
- All food must be removed from fridges.
- All rubbish put in the appropriate rubbish chutes or recycle bins.
- All dishes and cutlery washed / dried and packed away.
- All remote controls must be accountable replacement charges apply.
- Return furniture and furnishings to position they were in on arrival.
- Property should be vacated on time and all windows and doors are to be locked.
- All keys must be returned to Management as directed.
13.2. Report any damage or theft
- Guests are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property.
- Any incident must be reported to Management as soon as possible.
13.3. Respect other tenants and guests
Disturbance to neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund.
13.4. Comply with Management and Property Caretaker instructions
Guests must comply with all applicable terms, conditions, and instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property.
14. FACILITIES INDUCTION
For safety and privacy reasons, facilities in our apartment buildings are restricted and access is only available under certain conditions and procedures.
Guests at 1 Freshwater Place are required by the Owners Corporation to complete an online induction to the facilities and present their fobs to the concierge desk between 8 & 10pm, in order for their fobs to be programmed for facilities access.
Eureka Tower at 7 Riverside Quay, some facilities including swimming pool and Gym are only available for long term guests. Please enquire as to these requirements at with our Southbank Apartments guest service staff.
15. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
In the case of any problem or complaint, please inform Southbank Apartments Management as soon as possible.
Repair/service staff must be allowed access to the property during reasonable hours.
Any complaint, which cannot be resolved during your stay, must be notified in writing to Southbank Apartments Management prior to departure from the Property. Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying in our apartments.